Heimdall Power is a Norwegian tech startup working on digitizing the world’s power grids – the backbone of our energy system. We want to improve the world’s largest human-made machine, and we’ve got the technology to do so. With our Heimdall Power Neuron and cloud-based software, we’re increasing the grid capacity, securing its stability, and reducing the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. Our products enable flexible & dynamic operation of the power grid, making it easier to integrate new sources of renewable energy. We’re not just committed to the UN’s Sustainability Goals; our technology can help ensure we achieve those goals.
We are hiring a group of summer interns to join us in Oslo for the summer of 2022.
You will be working closely with the rest of our excellent team in a fast-paced and young working environment. We are looking to fill several positions which require different skill sets. If you are an agile team player and want to learn what it is like to work in a startup developing new technologies, feel free to reach out to us regardless of your background.
- Learn about and interact with electric utilities, understanding and solving real problems.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Contribute directly to our product development.
- Contribute to design and implementation of algorithms/models based on sensor-data.
- Work with our proprietary IoT devices and cloud environment (Azure)
- Are pursuing a relevant BSc/MSc degree, preferably 3rd, 4th, or 5th year in informatics/computer science, cybernetics, physics, or other computational sciences.
- Have working knowledge of at least one of the following: react.js, Python, MATLAB, Java, C++, C#, SQL, TensorFlow, or Azure.
- Enjoy working with complex problems.
- Want to learn about agile software development and DevOps.
- Want to pursue a meaningful vision related to the greatest challenge of our time.
- Are a team-player who wants to bring out the best in your colleagues.
- Enjoy working with a high degree of both freedom and responsibility.
We can offer
- A chance to work with cutting-edge smart grid technology.
- Working with a tight-knit and diverse group of highly motivated and skilled people.
- Competitive compensation and great offices centrally located near Nationaltheatret in Oslo.
- Participation in a fun and challenging summer program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Deadline: 31st of January 2022 Take a look at other vacant positions and internships at https://heimdallpower.com/career