Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 3600 employees in 16 countries.
The energy systems of the world are changing, and they are changing fast. The world is embracing wind- and solar power on a scale that we have never seen before, and there is much more to come. This massive growth increases the need for flexibility.
Statkraft’s strategy responds to the changes in the electricity markets. Flexible hydropower and intermittent onshore wind- and solar power will be combined to deliver reliable, renewable and cost competitive energy to customers.
Within in the Business Area Production the Operation & Maintenance (O&M) support department plays an important role. The analysis team is responsible for providing fact-based analyses of asset performance, maintenance strategies and options; primarily covering hydro, wind and solar power technologies.
The team is heavily involved in collection and processing of large amounts of operational data from a growing portfolio. Hence, the team has a key role as driver for digitalization. Based on Statkraft’s growth ambitions we need to strengthen our team and we are looking for an
Asset Performance Analyst
As a part of the analysis team you will work close with both technical personnel, project developers and the management at a strategic level as well as with multiple sources of data, exploratory data analysis and complex problem solving.
Being part of a small team will mean working with a broad range of topics, allowing for continuous learning and development in the role as Asset Performance Analyst.
The role will report to Head of the analysis team.
- Drive analyses of performance of power plants in operation.
- Prepare appropriate routines and tools for an asset portfolio in strong growth.
- Follow up on reporting and optimization of production.
- Perform strategic, technical and financial analysis of operation and contribute to fact-based optimization of our O&M strategy.
- Contribute to technical support and warranty inspections in our regional operational units.
- Support wind development projects
- Provide analyses and facts for Prepare for Operation projects.
- Prepare, support and expand O&M organizations globally.
- Provide analyses to optimise projects under development.
- General improvement and development work
- Participate in standardization, collaboration, competence development and exchange of experience.
- Support and follow up implementation of technical operational improvements in existing wind farms.
- Be an active contributor in developing the analysis function going forward. It is an aim to be able to develop, combine and use analytical tools and approaches across technologies, functions and markets.
- Master’s degree within science, mechanics or electro-mechanics
- Preferably some experience from O&M organizations or (wind) power plants.
- Experience in data analytics, and experience with Python and VBA.
- Experience from project work
- Preferably good knowledge of the renewable energy industry.
- Analytical, structured, commercially oriented and like to work both independently and in teams.
- Very good knowledge of a Scandinavian language and English, both written and oral – other languages an advantage
Statkraft manages critical infrastructure and services in several countries. The applicant must be eligible for security clearance and –authorisation.
- Professional and personal development in an exciting company
- A positive working environment characterised by expertise, responsibility and innovation
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background
- Competitive terms of employment and excellent benefit schemes
Interested? Please apply via the provided link. For more information of the position, please contact Senior Manager Hans Petter Sevang: email@example.com
Application dead line: 31.03.2019
Start date: asap
Contact person: Hans Petter Sevang (HansPetter.Sevang@statkraft.com)