ENGINEER, RAILWAY ELECTRICAL #COWIGRADUATE2024 (55668)
Be a part of a global team of experts
Do you want to kick-start your career in a company like COWI, who is a pacesetter in sustainability? With us, you get to co-create with our experts on some of the most prestigious infrastructure projects in Norway. We can offer a friendly work environment, personal development plan and a variety of assignments to help you elevate your professional knowledge, skills and passion. Our aim is that all our projects move our customers towards sustainability.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Graduate in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering to join our team. Is this a description that suits you and your background?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electric power/electrical or mechanical engineering
- You show a strong interest in your subject and acquire new knowledge quickly
- You enjoy working with others
- You have an orderly and structured work methodology
- You have good communication skills in Norwegian and English, both oral and written
- If you have already gained some experience from working life, you are also welcome to apply
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working closely with both younger and experienced colleagues in single-disciplinary and interdisciplinary transport projects in the various planning phases (from studies to construction plan, as well as follow-up during construction)
- Design and consulting of electric metro and railway systems
- Analysis, calculations, preparation of reports and drawings, as well as 3D modelling/BIM
- You will also participate in design meetings, site inspections and customer meetings
We are looking for resources that will work with:
- Overhead contact line systems, traction power supply and earthing
- Electric metro and railway systems
If you want to apply to this position, we strongly recommend you do it as soon as possible. We are interviewing relevant candidates as they apply, so don’t hesitate and apply today. We are happy to receive your application in English or Norwegian.
Why COWI is a great place to kick-start your career
At COWI, we offer more than just a competitive salary. We are strong believers in co-creation and take care of each other both professionally and personally, including through a buddy scheme, personal development plan, COWI Academy and exchange of world-leading expertise. In COWI, you will become part of a community of committed employees who are passionate about their profession, and you will assist with pioneering future-oriented projects that offer both challenges and opportunities. We have Global Mobility opportunities for those who want experience from abroad.
Furthermore, we arrange for social meeting points and activities, which is why we facilitate different sports teams and activities such as theatre visits, kite lessons, trips and much more!
We emphasize networking for young people in working life, and we have a separate social initiative for you under 35 called YOUNG IN COWI. Here, you will form strong ties across the organization regardless of position and office location.
Got more questions?
If you have any unanswered questions about the role or what we have to offer, please reach out to Ingvill Urdal Rian our Head of Section of Railway Electrical on email@example.com.
About the company
At COWI, we work together with our customers to shape a sustainable and liveable world. We do it by applying our knowledge and curiosity – and sometimes even our courage – to create the solutions the world needs today to enable a better tomorrow. That is why we say no to fossil-based projects and aspire to have 100 percent of our revenue come from activities that move our customers towards sustainability.
We value differences and development and cultivate an environment of belonging and having fun. Because that is what brings out the best in you, at work and at home.
With offices primarily located in Scandinavia, the UK, North America and India, we are currently 7,300 people who bring their expertise in engineering, architecture, energy and environment into play.
Equal- opportunity employer
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Norway – Sted: Fredrikstad/Kristiansand/Oslo – Infrastructure & Transportation
Søknadsfrist: 14 September 2023