Local Unit & Position Description
Maritime Advisory supports customers in the maritime industry to mobilizing the full potential of their assets and operations. Our network of experts provides advisory services globally, and has the capabilities, experience and track record to deliver high value solutions. We put technical matters and business decisions into context to achieve the optimal solution – providing our customers the basis to make good decisions, and take action to achieve sustainable results.
We are now looking for a new colleague to strengthen our advisory team. The candidate will be employed within a unit in Maritime Advisory and be engaged in the 18 months maritime trainee programme organized by the Norwegian Shipowners Association starting in August 2022.
The right candidate will, among other roles, be involved in:
- Risk assessments of the impact of new technologies, digitalization and decarbonizaton in the maritime industry
- Support our customers in realizing the benefits from digitalization, automation and autonomy
- Assuring fit for purpose vessels for safe, sustainable and efficent operations
- Cross-competence digitalization and decarbonization projects
- Work with complex systems, and green technologies and solutions
- Development of digital tools and solutions, both internally and on behalf of our customers
- Using data to get insight and create customer value
- Marketing, sales and business development
We are looking for a colleague with:
- Fluent Scandinavian and fluent English oral and written
- Sc. or MBA or equivalent degree
- Basic ship knowledge and understanding of the maritime sector
- Interest within digitalization of shipping
- Interest in green technologies
- Analytic and solution oriented skills
- Commercial and business oriented mindset
What we offer:
- A meaningful job with one of Norway’s most attractive employers. We are ranked #3 in the Young Professional Attractiveness Index 2020 and #2 on the IT&Tech list. For 2019 we were ranked Norway’s most attractive employer by Randstad.
- Valuable and real-life experience through our projects
- Be part of an atmosphere of highly professional, engaged and knowledgeable people.
- A performance driven and values-lead company culture
- Free shuttle bus from Sandvika and Skøyen
- Meet other young professionals through established networks and informal events by CONNECT
- Well-equipped exercise center, a large selection of company cabins, and over 30 different company sport clubs
- 6 weeks holiday
Junior candidates and students are welcome to apply.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!