About Heimdall Power
The electrical grid is the largest man-made machine – It spans the globe, providing structure, balance and life to our energy system. It is essential infrastructure to enable a sustainable, green energy future. Heimdall Power is a young Norwegian technology company established in 2016. We develop low-cost, easy to install, self-powered sensors that provide input to advanced models and algorithms, providing capacity control and optimized energy distribution to utilities. Heimdall’s technology has the potential to increase average capacity of the grid by more than 25 percent – a key to realizing the green shift. Heimdall Power is backed by established VCs and industrial partners. This is your chance to be part of an exciting journey towards a sustainable future.
We are hiring a team of summer interns to join our team in Oslo for the summer 2020. You will be working closely with the rest of our excellent team in a fast paced and young working environment. We are particularly looking for students in their 3rd or 4th year in informatics/computer science, data science, electric power engineering, computational sciences, industrial mechanics, physics, interaction design and more. If you feel like you may be a good fit, reach out to us regardless of whether your background was mentioned. We are looking to fill several positions which require different skill-sets, but some general guidelines are as follows.
You will be
- Researching and designing new algorithms and models based on sensor-data
- Working with IoT device data streams, building reliable data pipelines, processing data at scale and in real-time
- Interacting with leading electric utilities, understanding and solving real problems
- Contributing to the overall product development strategy
- Are pursuing a relevant BSc/MSc degree
- Have working knowledge of at least one of the following: react.js, Python, MatLab, Java, C++, sql, TensorFlow, Azure
- Enjoy understanding and solving complex problems
- Want to pursue a meaningful vision related to the greatest challenge of our time
- Are a team-player who wants to bring out the best in your colleagues
- Enjoy working with a high degree of both freedom and responsibility
- Have experience with writing robust code with focus on re-usability and documentation
- Knowledge of or interest in power distribution systems, smart grid or renewable energy
We can offer
- A chance to work with cutting-edge smart grid technology
- Working with a tight-knit and diverse group of highly motivated and skilled people
- Competitive compensation and great offices, centrally located at StartupLab in Oslo Science Park (Forskningsparken) by Blinderen.
- Participation in a fun and challenging summer program
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.