Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL aims to be a leading supplier of Energy Advisory services in the Nordic and Baltic region, with a focus on Norway and Sweden. Services provided cover the electricity sector and include market and policy development, technical services for production, transmission and distribution companies, risk management, cyber security and due diligence. We offer our services to DSOs, TSOs, large consumers, industry organizations, governments, investors, power producers, and developers.
MPD builds on both internal and external resources to grow a highly motivated and strong performing team with market responsibility for the Nordic and Baltic area, predominantly focusing on Norway and Sweden. The team consist of consultants with strong economics, engineering and business backgrounds. Our objective is to become the preferred consultancy for advisory services to the power sector in the interface between technology, economy and strategy. As a consultant in this unit, you will develop and work on advisory assignments for our clients in the power industry. You are expected to work in team as well as on own tasks, and take active part in developing our business and services.
We are looking for a candidate to be part of the Markets and Policy Development (MPD) team and strengthen our services to our clients in the following areas:
– Market analysis & design
– Techno-economic analysis
– Regulatory advice
– Business advice
– Work on commercial projects in the power sector, with a focus on market analysis, quantitative and economic analysis, and strategy
– Business development through direct sales and proposal development
– Service development for the Scandinavian power sector
– Fluent Norwegian or Swedish, and fluent English oral and written
– MSc in Industrial Economics, Electricity engineering or Economics with relevant experience.
– Experience or proven interest in the power industry
– Proficient user in MS Office, especially Excel ideally also VBA,’ – Flexibility and independent working
– Preferable working experience from consultancy, electricity industry, or relevant government, with network in the Scandinavian power sector
– Analytical and commercial mindset is essential
– Enjoy team work
– Communication skills and networking abilities
– Curious and eager to explore new territories
– Eager to pursue career within power sector and consulting
– Honest, open and committed to DNV GL’s visions and values
At DNV GL, we offer opportunities beyond business. In addition to competitive conditions, the right candidate will enjoy the possibility to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and an appreciation of the need for work-life balance.
We can offer:
– Work with dedicated and competent colleagues with a high education and specialization level in an international environment
– A unique entrepreneurial challenge of building a new business while benefitting from DNV GL’s strong brand name and performance
– Competitive salaries, attractive pension- and insurance schemes, 30 day annual vacation, networks like “Young in DNV GL”, and sports and leisure activities with colleagues
For more information about the position, please contact:
Erik Dugstad, Head of Market and Policy Development, +47 408 41 662