COWI is now hiring summer interns for summer 2017!
COWItry is our internship program for engineering students.
During the summer, you will get valuable experience as an engineer on our exciting projects. You will also be a part of our Nordic innovation team that will be testing technology and help us develop smarter ways of building a more sustainable society.
COWItry offers a great opportunity for you to test the career path of a consultant in an international engineering company. The program starts with a kick-off at COWI’s headquarters in Lyngby where you will meet representatives from our top management, key professionals as well as your new teammates for the summer. The program will enable you to use your theoretical knowledge as well as strengthen your collaboration skills by working on a cross-border innovation project.
Throughout the summer, you will receive have a dedicated mentor to help you with your tasks and to answer all of your questions. To make sure you make new friends and expand your professional network we will also offer you social events together with our young professionals.
Our summer internship enables us to get to know the new and brightest talents in engineering – and we are determined to ensure that this experience makes a difference in your career.
You can expect some of the following tasks
We will adapt the summer job for ongoing projects. Examples of tasks might be:
- Prepare plans, designs, calculations, analysis and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers
- 3D modeling/BIM
- Prepare documents such as technical specifications
- Prepare engineering reports and other technical documents
- Meeting with clients
- Participate in site inspections.
What to expect from being part of the innovation team:
- Working with an important innovation project that provides insight into the future way of designing and planning
- Creating value for COWI and our customers
- Interdisciplinary project experience
- Knowledge of new ways of working
- Get unique and sought-after knowledge about the future solutions for a more efficient and sustainable industry
We are looking for:
- Fourth year masters students or third year bachelor students
- Relevant studies are road/transport engineering, geomatics, water and environment, structural engineering, environmental engineering, construction and buildings, bridges and structures, electrical engineering, HVAC and energy.
- Excellent academic results, particularly in relevant fields,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both Norwegian and English
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Curious and interested in learning new ways of working
- Ability to share knowledge and work in teams
June – August
Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim or Fredrikstad
How to apply ?
Go to www.cowi.no and apply directly to the relevant position. To be considered for the internship, please attaché CV, application letter and academic transcripts.
Contact person: Vilde Haugnæss, firstname.lastname@example.org, 92293945